Saturday 7 April 2012

Time to get back on that horse ....

Many of you will already know that we have suffered a particularly bad few months with Rob’s dad’s illness.  Sadly he passed away on the 28th March after losing his battle with cancer.  We are now taking comfort in the fact that he is not in pain and suffering anymore.  Thank you to all my friends at work and at home for all their support during these difficult months, it’s nice to know that there are some truly special people out there.  All your emails and texts meant a great deal and showed that despite your busy lives, you still had time to contact me. THANK YOU.

While all this was going on I was also beginning to question my ability as a photographer.  A few disappointments knocked my confidence quite a bit.  I seem to be saying ‘thank you’ a lot at the moment, but my friends and fellow photographers Jo & Richard were there with some wise words.  Thanks for making me realise that it’s not just me that has the occasional ‘wobble’ ! I’m going to have to toughen up !
So what does the future hold?  Who knows?  A new camera body would be nice and also the website is a definite as I keep getting asked.  It’s all paid for, I just need to enlist the help again of the wonderful Elisa Everitt (she designed my logo).  Spare time is always an issue (having a full time job as well), so any going spare  is used on the photography side so I will leave the website to the expert!
I have some a few things lined up and have recently been asked to do some shots at a fitness boot camp! (thanks Holly).  So I guess all I can say for now is ‘watch this space’ ...and it's time to get back on that horse !

Love and hugs to you all,
Jackie xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment